availability of COBRA PLA IN INDIA

Started by frontier, April 07, 2008, 01:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frontier

hi all,
can anyone tell me about the availability of COBRA PLA(prelaryngeal airway) in india & about its cost.thanking u all.regards

yogenbhatt1

HI,
Cobra PLA is not seen here except in journals. COPA device is marketed by Tyco, it used to cost around Rs 500/- . A disposible LMA might be a better option from Portex or Arrow, it can be almost the same price, if you can bargain out. Around a 1000 or less one can acquire a LMA supreme ( a Disp version of LMA Proseal).
Regards.

frontier

dear dr. yogen,
             at last i got cobra PLA from ARIAN HEALTH CARE,NEW DELHI.I BOUGHT one size 3 cobra PLA,MEANT FOR PATIENTS BETWEEN BODYWEIGHT 35-70 KG.cost varying between 3000-3500 rs./though its disposable one/doctors in AIIMS,NEW DELHI are using it.
                               regards

jafo1964

I remember reading in some journals that 3 deaths have been reported due to aspiration during the use of Cobra PLA. I will try and search for the link. Meanwhile it may be a better idea to stick with PLMA.
It is vry important to use these supraglottic airway devices with great care ensuring all safety, plane of anaesthesia and adequate monitoring

regs

frontier

hi jafo sir,
       thanks for your reply.i am aware of the complications. i will be using this device in spontaneously ventilating patients in short surical procedures.regard