Unanswered questions

Started by vcgirl, October 08, 2006, 05:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vcgirl

I have recently had microfracture and a meniscus repair on L knee.  Had spinal anesthesia however, I have had a problem with keeping the foot and lower leg warm.  Extreme difference in temperature.  Vascular surgeon stated it was from spinal.  Can anyone elaborate!!!!  When does this get better???  I guess there are no professionals out there that can help me???  This problem has now been present for 5 weeks...
VCgirl

vcgirl

Quote from: vcgirl on October 08, 2006, 05:11:45 PM
I have recently had microfracture and a meniscus repair on L knee.  Had spinal anesthesia however, I have had a problem with keeping the foot and lower leg warm.  Extreme difference in temperature.  Vascular surgeon stated it was from spinal.  Can anyone elaborate!!!!  When does this get better???
VCgirl

Noyac

I can't think of a reason for a spinal to cause this on one side and not the other.  It is more likely related to the surgery or to a decreased perfusion to the extremety.

Savvas

I am with Noyac on this...

Was it an open or arthroscopic procedure?
Temperature difference extreme, but how much?
Capillary refill time of your toe?
Neurological findings?
Spinal had nothing to do with this.
Seems like a local arterial supply abnormality.
Avoid asking vascular surgeons questions they can't and shouldn't answer.

lovebailey2000

Hi
Really sorry to hear about your problem. But can't relate it really with Spinal Anesthesia! But since how long are you having this problem? If possible get some investigation done for the adequacy of the blood flow in the affected linm as soon as possible to get the real diagnosis. Best of Luck!