Launch of new drugs

Started by Dr.Madhav, February 24, 2008, 05:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Madhav

Many new anaesthetic drugs are being launched by many pharma companies in the market.Many of us may not have used the new drug at all.just reading the literature or getting information from the websites is not enough.I personally feel we should get proper information of the newer drugs from experienced people who have used a particular drug for a reasonable time.Their good/bad experiences will definitely be an eye opener to all of us.
I welcome all members to express their views on the newer drugs in markets with no proper informations.

mchoo

Here here. Watch for sugammadex and what doses they recommend. First 2mg/kg, then 8mg/kg, and now studies of 16-32mg/kg are carried out!

yogenbhatt1

Hi,
As you rightly mentioned, Sugamadex is discussed out here too. Talks on third and final stage of trials are heard. It really is projected to be a good alternative to Neostigmine( A drug that is still on trolly of every anaesthetist  ever since. Probably the only drug used, still after 30 yrs of my practice. Every other drug has changed, but Neostigmine is still there.
I do not know what cost effectiveness it will offer, when it comes in Indian Markets.
Regards.