documentation in anaesthesia.

Started by kalpesh shah, February 01, 2010, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalpesh shah

hi, i realy want's to know , how many of us keep record of our own cases with us(not in the pt's file) ???????
do u have some good anaesthesia record formates available ???
please send some formate for differant conditions .

regardes.

jafo1964

I always make 2 anaesthesia charts in private practice and 1 goes to patient records and the other I have filed at home and is till have them with me
As per medicolegal rules you have to preserve all patient records for 7 years.
I started this practice about 11 years ago and I have found the energy and the perseverance to keep going on with it.
Initially it was difficult, people ridiculed, but I stuck it out and today it is almost a habit.
I am a slightly defensive human being and so is my anaesthetic practice. So i decided that in these days of litigation I be prepared with adequate records.
I use 2 type of charts. A printed one which is modelled as a compilation of 2 or 3 charts I used in my early practice.
If the hospital has no chart I follow a written format.

I will scan and post it if you so want.

Maybe at gasbag we can collect charts of many people and come up with the best combination

regs

yogenbhatt1

Hi,
I am glad that many members keep records at home for future use( God knows what use), but ppl at my home wonder why I should keep records of cases done in early practice of 1979 onwards.
I would also like to have a look at various formats, I am now out of stock of my records book.
Will be much obliged if I can see a few charts.
I never made carbon copies, but now I feel that I should make copies.
regards.( yogenbhatt1@gmail.com)